Application Deadline is Friday, January 6th at 5pm
Summary: The Program Manager position is a management position responsible for the coordination of, delivery and evaluation of the Steps Ahead for Youth and Touchstone programs delivered by Colorado Youth at Risk. The Program Manager position for Steps Ahead for Youth and Touchstone requires an interest in and experience with not-for-profit program management and at-risk teenagers. In addition to responsibilities associated with Program Management, this position would be accountable for overall program evaluation planning and implementation for all programs in the agency. This position will collaborate with two other program team leaders to deliver programs and provide strategic planning and direction for the program department.
- Responsible for program development, implementation, and evaluation to assure Steps Ahead for Youth and Touchstone program goals and objectives are realized and consistent with CYAR mission and goals.
- Deliver community workshops for the Steps Ahead for Youth and Touchstone programs consistent with the program structure and design.
- Provide individual case management to students as needed depending on each youth’s academic & psychosocial trajectory.
- Manage 40 youth and 40 mentors initially, along with 7 high-level volunteers, with a possible caseload of up to 80 youth, 80 mentors and up to 14 high-level volunteers over time, balanced with other responsibilities.
- Manage additional volunteers as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between our organization and the partner high schools we serve (George Washington, East, and Manual High schools) by communicating with key staff and administrators.
- Responsible for event production (planning, set-up, breakdown) for each of their community workshops.
- Responsible for youth and mentor attendance, retention and participation in each of their assigned programs.
- Manage/monitor evaluations throughout the program cycle to measure client satisfaction, outcome measurements, and program effectiveness.
- Co-develop and monitor budgets for Steps Ahead & Touchstone programs.
- Attend agency trainings & actively participate in all Colorado Youth at Risk curriculum.
- Attend outside trainings and seminars with the purpose of staying current with at-risk youth trends and personal development.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Evaluation Specialist Duties
- Oversee program evaluation for mentor training and program curriculum.
- Develop an evaluation plan for all existing and new programs throughout the organization.
- Monitor fidelity to evaluation plan and data collection and data entry processes.
- Partner with Development team to provide relevant data for grant reporting, annual reports, and other marketing publications.
- Make recommendations to Program team to inform curriculum development and strategic planning.
- Identify data-sharing opportunities with partner schools and agencies and make recommendations for partnership development.
- Analyze control group or shared data from partner entities to inform program development and improvement.
- Attend agency team meetings.
- Maintain effective communication with Colorado Youth at Risk’s community through email, phone and written communication.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of youth and coaches for documentation and evaluation purposes, using online & paper databases.
- Writes reports for Executive Director and grants as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- The ability to coordinate many aspects of a program and take ownership of program results; self-motivated and accountable.
- The ability to work in and be supportive of a diverse work place and collaborate effectively with leadership staff, volunteers, and youth.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to be task and relationship oriented.
- The ability to effectively coach and supervise a large number of volunteers and youth participants, and build strong volunteer teams.
- Effective public speaking and group facilitation skills.
- The ability to juggle assignments and prioritize projects, excellent time management skills.
- The ability to have a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend work.
- Knowledge of the Denver Metro Area, local community organizations, educational and training systems.
- Superior presentation skills and interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with youth and adults.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development for yourself and others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and database management.
- Experience with and expertise in program evaluation, including evaluation planning, logic models, data analysis, data collection, and interpretation and use of data for program reporting and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of best practices in program evaluation, and understanding of current research and trends in mentoring and positive youth development pertaining to program evaluation.
- Ability to partner with program staff to monitor and track evaluation plan implementation to ensure fidelity.
- Proficient in Spanish both verbal and written (preferred).
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences (Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Child Development, etc) preferred. Bachelor’s degree required, though relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Colorado Youth at Risk was established in 1993 as a community-based volunteer organization designed to re-direct the lives of at risk youth by providing intensive mentoring services. Colorado Youth at Risk produces the Steps Ahead for Youth program and the Touchstone Leadership program, serving high school students in Denver Public Schools. Steps Ahead for Youth serves ninth grade students in an intensive, experiential program consisting of an experiential Launch Course, one-to-one mentoring and monthly community workshops. The Touchstone Leadership program is for students who complete Steps Ahead and provides on-going support until graduation, including pre-collegiate services, academic support and opportunities in the community. Touchtone addresses self-advocacy, communication, and responsibility.
Colorado Youth at Risk is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees, member organizations, clients or the public on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, handicap, national origin, age or sexual orientation. Colorado Youth at Risk is a tobacco free environment.
COMPENSATION / CLASSIFICATION / BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience, Full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position. Benefits include: health insurance coverage, cell phone stipend, remote office capabilities, flexible schedule and generous paid time off policy.
Primary location is 3532 Franklin St, Denver, CO 80205. CYAR will provide employees with a web-based phone system and computer for remote office work. Will be assigned to specific school programs and will work at the corresponding schools two to three days a week. The schools CYAR currently works in are Manual, East, and George Washington High schools. Some other work will take place in the community, at events or public speaking engagements. This position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evenings and weekend events.
REPORT TO: Training Specialist
Please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. Application deadline is Friday, January 6th at 5pm.
- Cover letter stating your interest and specific qualifications for the position, including Spanish language education and proficiency (if applicable). Cover letters must include requested salary range. Candidates who exclude salary range will not be considered;
- Resume outlining your education/experience/achievements; and
- Contact information for three references.